Tuesday 17 July 2007

Hi!


Hi, my name is Michael. I started this blog at the suggestion of a friend because I am trying to discern my vocation to Religious Life. Actually I'm trying to discern my vocation as to which community I am called to.

This blog is really aimed at reaching out to other young people (I'm 27!) thinking of a vocation to Religious Life.The community that I'd like to join would have to be contemplative and based firmly on Perpetual or near Perpetual Adoration. The problem is that all the orders in England that are based on Adoration are for women so that kind of counts out 27 year old men!!!I have had the complete random idea that by meeting up with other like-minded men one might just be formed under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit! Most people blink when you say that. But hey, Religious Orders have to start somewhere and it's the Holy Spirit that does it.

This blog isn't aimed at being polemical. I am Catholic and believe in fidelity to the teachings of the Church and the Magisterium. I don't consider myself to be "Trad" and I am not a Liberal. I don't use labels to describe myself. I am a Catholic who just wants to serve Jesus Christ by being faithful to the Church and all that she teaches. I believe in faithful orthodoxy, nothing more and nothing less.I love good liturgy well celebrated.

I believe that what the Church needs at the moment is the mystical. The Mass should lead us into Contemplative union with the Trinity. People are searching for mystery and the greatest mystery of all is the Incarnation of God the Son. For this reason I believe that what is urgent at the minute is the Proclamation of the Eucharistic Kingdom.The best way to do this is through excellent liturgy and Exposition and Adoration. Please feel free to come here and read and leave your thoughts.If you are discerning a similiar vocation then please keep in touch.

Thanks and God bless

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking like a good blog, Michael. Keep it up.

I'm 27 too!

The Devouring Fire said...

Actually I'm 27 and a half! I'm just over the hill and rapidly sliding towards 28!

Thanks for the comment and support.
God bless,
Michael

Cathy said...

Hi, Michael!
Nice to meet you - keep up the great blogwork.
:)

The Devouring Fire said...

Thanks Ma Beck.
You and your blog work are in my prayers.
Michael

Anonymous said...

Over the hill? Never!

How do you feel about being a slightly 'later vocation', though? I have been thinking about that, and am realising it might not be such a bad thing!

The Devouring Fire said...

I agree Mark. there's no rush. All in God's good time. Better later and ready than early and not!

I suppose it can be likened to wine. The older it gets the better it tastes. The Church really needs men in their late twenties and in their thirties who are mature.
Actually I think that the concept of a late vocation is shifting. Our age group is a good age to begin preparing for priesthood or religious. I also think men mature later (early 30's)
Michael

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about maturing later; I look back on my younger self and wince. Also now, I don't see how I would have been any use to anyone lacking in life-experience such as I was then.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Enjoy your holidays. :)

Anonymous said...

Two Articles recently appeared in papers here in the states.

http://billingsgazette.net/articles/2007/07/24/news/wyoming/40-monks.txt

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_6429013

I found a website for them, but it was down. The diocese of Cheyenne Wyoming is very solid, and orthodox lead by a great Bishop. Also, fairly close to Denver and the Excellent archbishop Chaput. The scenery in the area of this Monastery is unbeatable anywhere in the world - Google earth to Indian Pass and Heart Mountain Wyoming and you are within 20 miles of this monastery. I am planning to visit the Monastery in two weeks as I was already planning a trip to Wyoming and Montana and will be driving by within 5 miles of it anyway.

I am starting my own blog, but haven't made an entry yet.

Paul
prdeming at yahoo

PS I'll pray for you

The Devouring Fire said...

Thanks Paul for that.
I'm going to Fatima tomorrow and will pray for you.

The same goes for everyone.

Prayers for you too Mark and your blog!!! Thanks for the good wishes
God bless
Michael