Wednesday 25 July 2007

A Prayer Postcard from Portugal

Dear Friends
I have arrived in Portugal after a two day journey by car from Great Britain.
Driving through Spain was an amazing experience. The part I loved the most was Castille. I could imagine St Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross travelling along and thinking of heaven. The countryside itself is so mystical and the sky was blue without a cloud! I saw the magnificent Cathedral of Burgos from the motorway aswell.

I hope to stop off at the Carmelite Nuns of Burgos on the way back in 3 weeks time. The Carmel there was founded by Teresa herself,.

Tomorrow I'm off to Fatima. I will pray for you all there. I hope to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament chapel. They have Perpetual Adoration there. So I will remember you all before Our Eucharistic Lord and before His Most Blessed Mother too.

God bless

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael,
Here's to a blessed trip! Thanks for the prayers at Fatima. Ask our Lady of the Rosary to assist us, esp. those discerning their vocations.
Great blog too. If you get a chance also check out Cardinal Sean O'Malley's blog, you will like it.
Peace bro.

Mulier Fortis said...

Hey, offer up a prayer of thanksgiving on my behalf while you're there... (if you get a spare minute, that is!)
;-)

The Devouring Fire said...

Thanks Mac. I have a friend in the Community of St. John too. They are fantastic.
Of course I'll pray for you.

Thanks Craig. God bless
Michael